Landseer Road Surgery closure
Last year we made an application to close the Landseer Road Surgery as part of our plans to relocate the Chesterfield Drive Practice to new premises in north west Ipswich.
We have now received approval from NHS England to close the Landseer Road Surgery on 31st December 2018. This is an earlier closure date than originally anticipated as it has become increasingly difficult to maintain adequate staffing levels to provide a high quality service for patients at Landseer Road.
What will be happening between now and 31st December 2018?
In order to minimise the impact on patients we are planning a gradual withdrawal of services from Landseer Road. We are no longer able to provide blood test or ear syringing appointments. In addition, we no longer hold clinics on Thursday and Friday afternoons. Please note that there will be no Wednesday afternoon clinics starting from Wednesday 6th June and no Tuesday afternoon clinics from Tuesday 4th September. Reception services will be maintained for patient queries etc.
What should you do now?
Patients who wish to remain with Chesterfield Drive Practice will be able to do so, but will need to attend the Chesterfield Drive site from January 2019. We appreciate that there will be some patients who choose not to do this or who are unable to travel to Chesterfield Drive. These patients will therefore need to register with another practice no later than 31st December 2018.
- Ravenswood Medical Practice, 24 Hening Ave, Ipswich, IP3 9QJ. Tel: 01473 271122, website: www.ravenswoodmedicalpractice.co.uk .
- Felixstowe Road Medical Practice, 235 Felixstowe Rd, Ipswich, IP3 9BN. Tel: 01473 719112, website: www.felixstoweroadmedicalpractice.co.uk
- Derby Road Practice, 52 Derby Rd, Ipswich, IP3 8DN. Tel: 01473 728121, website: www.derbyroadpractice.co.uk
- Two Rivers Medical Centre, 30 Woodbridge Rd East, Ipswich IP4 5PB. Tel: 01473 907788, website: www.tworiversmedicalcentre.co.uk
If you wish to register with another practice you will need to complete the registration form provided by the practice you choose. These practices are aware Landseer Road is to close and will be able to assist you.
For details of bus routes please visit www.ipswichbuses.co.uk/maps/
- Chesterfield Drive – routes 9 & 10
- Two Rivers – routes 6 & 6a
- Felixstowe Road – route 4
- Ravenswood – route X5
- Derby Road – routes 4 & X5
Patients may wish to consider ‘Community Transport in Ipswich’ which offers two options:
- A door-to-door bus service which can be booked in advance for GP/hospital appointments.
- 1 – 5 miles @ £2.20 each way
- 6 – 9 miles @ £3.00 each way
- 10 – 14 miles @ £3.70 each way
2. A Community Car Service, charged at 45p per mile, using volunteer drivers.
Further details of these services are available by calling 01449 674271. Booking hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm and service hours are Monday – Saturday 7am – 7pm.
Alternatively please visit https://communities.suffolkonboard.com/my-area/ipswich/
We appreciate that patients may have queries about the closure and we are planning to hold another patient engagement ‘drop-in’ event on Thursday 5th July between 1.30pm and 3.30pm at Landseer Road.